Apple in a much awaited event at its headquarters in Cupertino, California, announced two new next-generation iPhones. Apple Unveils iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c. The iPhone 5S has been revealed alongside as rumoured low-cost iPhone model, the iPhone 5C with a number of upgrades.
New features added to the new iPhone 5s
- The iPhone 5S will come in a gold version as well as grey (black) and silver, the addition of two new colors - gold and silver.
- The new A7 Processor - capable of running 32 bits as well as 64 bits apps unlike previous generations iPhones only runs 32 bits. The processor is 5 times faster than previous version while 56 times the original iPhone, the improved graphics performance.
- The iPhones 5s will have a new part called the M7. It's works along A7, it's a motion co-processor or the motion sensor.
- Introduction of Finger sensor, to add extra security. Basically the iPhone now takes an X-ray picture of thumbprint. To unlock phone need to touch the home button. The iPhone can read multiple fingerprints and read them in any orientation, with all fingerprint info is encrypted and stored in A7 chip.
- New Improved camera with a lot of features added like - Auto Image Stabilization, More natural skin tones, Ambient light varies, Panorama 28 megapixel and dual-LED flash.
- The selling of iPhone 5S will starts from September 20 in the following countries - U.S., Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and U.K. While other countries may aspect to get it by December.
- Prices - iPhone 5s comes with 16, 32 or 64GB of storage for $199, $299 and $399, respectively
The low cost iPhone 5C
Apple Unveils iPhone 5c, the budget iPhone which is same in spec and design as the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5C. The iPhone 5c made of soft silicon rubber rather than anodized aluminum. It comes with A6 processors and have large battery than iPhone 5. It comes in the following colors: blue, green, yellow, pink and white.
The iPhone 5C priced for $99 and $199 in the U.S. for a 16GB and 32GB models respectively. The Pre-orders is starting from September 13 and it will go on sale on September 20 in the following countries - U.S., Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and U.K. While other will have to wait till December.