5 effective Mini-Project on OpenGL for 6th sem VTU Computer science students.
There are different subjects that students of engineering need to learn. In VTU syllabus, most of the subjects are boring theoretical. One Subject is "Computer Graphic", which quite interesting. There is a lab allotted for this subject as well. A part from the theory and the practical labs, one of the best thing is included in syllabus is to develop a good mini-project based on learning of "Computer graphic". The platform taught in the syllabus is OpenGL, thus all the projects need to be worked out in same.
Basically a mini-project is need to be made using the concepts of "Computer graphic" with OpenGL using the Visual Studio. Student need to choose various topics of mini-project and implements it. There are many projects developed. Here I mentioning, 5 of the Good projects which can be easily implemented and understood.
- Solar System : Implements the ideas of solar system using the graphics technique. Shows the planetry system, with it working.
- Selective Repeat arq : Demonstrate the idea of how the 'Selective Repeat arq' works.
- Gear Motion : Shows the moving Gears in vehicles. It implements the mechanics behinds the gears.
- Stream Engine : Demo the working principle of a miniature stream engine.
- Graphics Editors : Implement the graphics editor application like paint.