Microsoft had demoed it's Window Phone 7 latest version which is code named as 'mango'. They held two conferences at New York City and London on Tuesday where they announced the the new version of Window Phone 7 as 7.1 which have added many of the new features.
Andy Lees, president of Microsoft’s Mobile Communication Business, headed the Conference webcast.
The changes in the new version:
- Improved Live Tiles: Real time information to home screen (can personalize too).
- Multitasking: switching in b/w the apps (third party apps too).
- Better cloud integration.
- Better platform tools.
- Local Scout: Real time local searchs.
- Built-in voice-to-text/text-to-voice functionality: will allow hands-free texting or chatting.
- New IE 9: Considered fastest mobile browser.
- App Connect feature : connects apps to search results.
- People Hub: Integration of social media Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Grouping according to user choice (categorization) in contact.
- Multiple email accounts into one inbox.
- Quick Cards feature: brief descriptions of related apps, events, and products in search results.
The Microsoft has partner with LG, HTC, Samsung, Acer, Fujitsu and ZTE to produces the Mango but Main consideration will go for Nokia. The comapny said that mango is already in lab with Nokia. The First Mango will be from the Nokia itself.
For developer Microsoft had relese the beta Windows Phone Developer tools for Mango. That includes many new features too including Live Agents background processing, new profiler and emulator for testing, use of Silverlight + XNA together, Silverlight 4, IE9 web browser control, Live Tile enhancements, access to additional sensor, fast application switching, networking / sockets for communications, local SQL database for structured storage, as well as access to calendar and contacts for apps. Go to site for more.
Watch Demo Shown By Joe Belfiore